Roku activation procedure and troubleshooting errors
Roku adds a zing to the world of entertainment and amusement by providing users with unlimited movies, music, sports and web series to stream and enjoy. By creating a valid a Roku account and executing roku.com/link, you can stream some of the amazing movies and shows right from your couch. To know regarding the Roku activation issue, read the blog.
Why to create a Roku account?
Procuring a Roku account is the must for streaming your favorite shows and movies on Roku. The Roku account must be linked with the Roku device using Roku.com/link which will permit you to add your favorite Roku channels as well as manage the Roku streaming devices you own. Besides this, it will administer all your Roku settings, purchase history and preferences.
How to create a Roku account?
To create a Roku account, check the steps below.
- Before initiating the setup, connect your Roku streaming device with your TV with the help of the HDMI cable and follow the guidelines mentioned on the TV screen.
- Then, select “Connect to Network” and opt for your preferred internet connection. However, the Roku device will manually detect the possible networks near you.
- Start creating a Roku account by visiting the official website of Roku and click for “Create Account”.
- Start providing your name, email id and a secure password and your Roku account creation will be done successfully.
How to acquire an activation code for my Roku?
The Roku activation code is important for linking the Roku account with your device by visiting roku.com/link. If you are a first time Roku user, you will receive the Roku activation code as soon as you connect the TV to your Roku streaming device using the HDMI cable and power it on. If you fail to procure the activation code, feel free to get Roku support.
How to link Roku device with Roku account using Roku.com/link?
To link your Roku device with your Roku account, sign in to your Roku account using the accurate credentials. All you have to do is pay a visit to roku.com/link and promote the Roku activation code which is available on the TV screen. That’s it. However, you are now free to install and purchase your favorite channels to stream on Roku.
How to troubleshoot Roku activation issue when linking your device?
It is obvious to get stuck while accomplishing Roku activation setup. To evade Roku activation issue, carry out the activation steps properly. However, you can also take help from the Roku support team.
- In any scenario, if the Roku streaming device gets stuck on the activation code screen, just wait patiently. Sometimes, it takes time to complete the activation procedure. If it still continues, check whether you have carried all the activation steps appropriately. Additionally, if you see the error code”001” on your TV screen, do not panic. It means that the Roku device is not connected to the internet.
- If you come across any errors after providing the activation code, try it for the second time. However, if the issue still continues, generate a new code by pressing the Star button on your Roku remote.